On a weekly basis, patients at Blackrock Clinic Dentistry ask us when they should bring their child to the dentist.
- The first baby teeth to erupt are usually the lower front 2 teeth at age 6-10 months. Please see the chart below re the eruption pattern.
We advise as soon as the baby teeth begin to erupt then attend the dentist for a dental check-up. Why?
- It is very important to get your child familiar with the dentist at an early age. It is vital that they like attending the dentist.
- Prevention is better than cure so we recommend attending every 6 months.
- Catch decay early to avoid extractions at an early age.
- Sometimes orthodontic intervention is required at any early age so regular routine dental examinations are important.
- Diet advice- your dentist will advise you on the best and worst foods or drinks for your child’s teeth.
- The dentist will advise you the best oral hygiene technique and tips on how your child can improve brushing their teeth.